Terms of Service
Last updated: Sept 1 2021
By commissioning me for my artwork, you agree to the rules in this Terms of Service. Please read it thoroughly! These rules are subject to change at any time, so please be sure to read through them even if you’ve already commissioned me before. If we have worked out individual terms for a specific commission or other sale, then those terms override any conflicting terms on this page.
Each section has a brief summary, followed by the more explicit text of the section. This TOS is primarily catered towards my 3D commissions, but applies to my 2D commissions as well.
Commissions can take me a long time depending on my health, but I will do my best to work with you. Let me know before commissioning me if you have a specific deadline.
My health can take a serious toll on my ability to do commission work, so commissions can take anywhere from a few days to a few months. Usually they’ll be somewhere in between, my average (for 3D models/fullbodies) is about one month! I may not always be able to respond right away, so please be patient with me. You are free to ask for updates if it’s been a while. If you need a commission by a specific date, please be sure to communicate that beforehand so I can let you know if I’m able to meet it!
I do not draw or model sexual content, including fetishes. I may refuse certain characters for complexity, or ask to simplify the design. I can turn down a commission for any reason!
I am willing to model just about anything, with a few exceptions!
- Highly complex characters, unless I can simplify them. They may also require an extra complexity charge!
- Characters with large amounts of asymmetry, especially in body shape, will also require a complexity charge
- Explicit sexual content, including any kind of fetish
- I will do non-character models on a case-by-case basis! Please note that they may be experimental. Message me to talk pricing!
For 2D commissions, the above applies, but I am also not comfortable drawing human/oid characters. (I will happily model them, though!)
I will try to work with you, but I reserve the right to turn down any commission for any reason.
I will not work with bigots, fascists, or creeps. If I find out you are one after starting the commission, I will cancel it. Do not contact me from an account where you post a lot of porn, it makes me deeply uncomfortable.
I wish this didn’t need to be said, but I will not do business with individuals who:
- are actively or maliciously bigoted, including (but not limited to) racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, and antisemitism.
- create or condone content that glorifies rape, pedophilia, incest, or bestiality (real or fictional)
- promote or condone fascism, including conspiracy theories such as Q-anon
Basically: be a decent human being and we’ll get along just fine. I do a brief check on my commissioners before accepting commissions, but if I find out that you fall into the above criteria after the commission process has begun, I will terminate the commission immediately and will not send you the in-progress files.
I will also not respond to messages sent from accounts that are primarily pornographic, for my personal comfort. Please message me from an account that’s (at least mostly) safe for work, or I will ignore it! (Toyhou.se is an exception to this rule, as they have an actual decent content filtering system.)
Use of Files
You can use and edit all files non-commercially. Commercial use is allowed on a case-by-case basis. Please credit me for the art, it helps other commissioners find me! Unless discussed beforehand, I may post your commission to my website and social media.
You may use and edit any of the files you commission from me for non-commercial use. You may also use them for small-scale commercial use, such as: commissioning another individual artist to edit them, printing them on your personal business cards, or putting them into your indie game. You must credit me as the original artist where appropriate, for commercial or non-commercial use.
However, you may not use my works to be used for large-scale commercial use, such as:
- Reuploading the artwork to print-on-demand sites such as Redbubble, Society6, Zazzle, TeePublic, etc.
- Using the files in a game for a AAA development studio
- Using a character I designed as a mascot for a large company
If you are interested in commissioning me for these or other large-scale commercial uses, please contact me and we can work something out!
You also may not sell unedited files to others. This includes uploading them to sites such as Gumroad or Itch.io. You may give the files to others for free!
Payment and Update System
I do payment via Square or Paypal invoices, in USD. Payment is required after I send you the first update!
Payment will be in USD either via Square or Paypal invoice. At this time, I will default to a Square invoice, unless you request otherwise. I will send the invoice ASAP after beginning the commission, but payment isn’t due until I have sent you the model rough.
You must use your own money. If you file a chargeback, it is your responsibility to reimburse me. I will not send you any physical goods.
- All funds must be your own or funds you have permission to use. I am not responsible for any consequences that stem from using funds you do not have permission to use.
- In the case of any chargebacks, commissioners will be expected to repay me the full cost of the commission and any resulting fees via Square or Paypal invoice.
- I will only send you digital goods. Unless discussed ahead of time, no physical goods will be sent to you.
I will send you multiple major updates throughout the course of the commission.
I do each commission in stages. For 3D modeled characters, the progression of updates looks like this:
- Model Sheet: (chibi only) I will make a very quick front and side view sketch on my 2D chibi base, to make sure you’re happy with it before I start modeling!
- Model Rough: The 3D equivalent of a sketch. The base proportions of the body will be laid out, but most details will be missing, and color will only be roughly blocked in.
- Geometry: The shape of the model is done, but color is still only rough. Think of it like an unpainted clay figure! Some details (hair in particular) may only be partially complete, but I will specify if so. If the character has asymmetrical body details, such as missing limbs or clothing tears, they may not be present yet.
- Texturing: Colors, markings, and asymmetrical details are finished. I typically complete rigging at this stage as well! This stage tends to take the longest, especially for characters with asymmetry or complex markings. The model will not have finalized shading or materials, only colors. I will also ask you what pose and materials you’d like at this stage.
- Posing: The model is posed, and materials have been applied! I will send you a still image, and if it looks good to you, I will render the final turnaround .gif and send you all of the files!
- Animation: (If applicable) I will send you a rough animation with the basic motion. If you’re happy with it, then I will add details, render the final animation, and send you all of the files!
If you provide me with a model sheet, I will discount the model for $5!
For 3D models, you can also get a $5 discount if you provide me with a model sheet! This is a consistent drawing of the front/side views in a neutral pose (think T-pose). Color not necessary! This is a great way to ensure your character stays as on-model as possible, because I may stylize them a bit if working from a ref/description alone.
Change or Cancellation
Waitlist slots can be changed or canceled at any time. Commission slots can be canceled, but refunds are dependent on how far along the commission I’ve progressed. If you cancel a commission, you will not receive any files.
Waitlist slots: Waitlist slots may be changed or canceled by the commissioner at any time, no strings attached! Please note that if you cancel your waitlist slot, you are free to rejoin the waitlist, but I cannot restore your place in the queue.
If I come to you with an open slot, but you aren’t ready to take the commission, I will bump you down three slots in the waitlist to give you another chance. However, if you aren’t ready by the time I reach your point in the queue a second time, I will remove you from the waitlist. You may rejoin the waitlist at any time if it is open, but you will be at the end of the queue.
Commission slots: If you have already paid and ask for a refund before I have sent you the model rough, then I will refund you in full. Otherwise, I will refund you 25% less for each major update. For example: after two updates, any refund would be 50%. After four major updates, I will no longer refund you. If you cancel the commission, you will not receive any files. I will keep all files indefinitely, so if you would like to resume the commission further down the line, please contact me and we can work something out!
Model changes are generally free, but may result in an extra charge for large or belated corrections.
Minor model changes are free, as long as you ask for them before I have moved on the next step! If you ask for a change that falls under a previous update (such as asking me to change the shape of the head after I have already finished with texturing), it may incur an extra fee. Large changes, such as ones that require me to entirely redo a step, may also have an extra fee, unless they are an error on my part.
Thanks for reading this far! If you’d like to commission me, please fill out my commission form, which will get you on the queue! If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact me at any of the links below with questions. I respond fastest to Twitter DMs!